Combatting frizz requires breaking habits that contribute to hair troubles.
Discover actionable insights below for a frizz-free hair routine.
1 – Hydrate Your Hair Adequately
- Frizzy hair often results from inadequate hydration of hair fibers.
- Combat this by using a mask with natural ingredients or products infused with glycerin and vitamin E.
2 – Reduce Hair Washing Frequency
- Frequent washing makes hair sensitive, leading to increased frizz.
- Limit shampoo use to once a week for afro hair; opt for anti-frizz and moisturizing shampoos.
3 – Cold Water Rinse
- Cold water rinses close cuticles, resulting in softer hair.
- Rinse with lukewarm water, finishing with a quick cold blast to prevent frizz.
4 – Gentle Air Drying Techniques
- Air-dry your hair after a shower, blotting gently with a towel.
- Avoid using a hair dryer or straightener, opting for cold air or low-temperature drying.
5 – Nourish with Coconut Oil
- Apply coconut oil to reduce hair swelling and dryness.
- Leave the oil on your hair, ideally applying it the day before shampooing in an oil bath.
6 – Apple Cider Vinegar Solution
- Mix apple cider vinegar with water (2 tablespoons for 1 liter).
- Apply the mixture for silky-soft hair, and rinse with cold water.
7 – Neat Hair Styling
- Use suitable accessories, such as a wide-toothed wooden comb or a detangling brush, to prevent frizz.
8 – Use a Hair Straightener
Whether they are straightening or curling irons, these are excellent anti-frizz products for hair.
For them to be effective, you must set them below 180°C.
At a temperature higher than this, your hair will dry out.
Of course, you should not use them regularly. Once a month or less.
9 – Sleep on a Satin Pillow
This tip allows you to preserve sebum on your hair, which is excellent for maintaining well-structured curls.
If you sleep on a cotton pillow, you’ll notice that your hair becomes more vulnerable and drier.
Also, remember to protect your hair by covering it with a soft fabric like silk.
10 – Brush Your Hair Carefully
To prevent frizz, comb your hair while it’s still damp.
If you have curly hair, refrain from styling it when dry.
Keep in mind not to over-brush your hair; hence, protective hairstyles are fantastic.
11 – Get a Haircut from a Professional
It’s crucial to eliminate split ends that cause frizz.
For a proper cut, visit a hairstylist who can provide a suitable haircut for your hair.
In humid climates, opt for a haircut with rounded ends to better control curls.
12 – Avoid Products Containing Sulfates
If you’re accustomed to using cosmetic products with sulfates, refrain from them. They dry out, irritate, and lead to split ends in your hair.
Now, shift to sulfate-free products or choose natural treatments beneficial for your hair.
13 – Use Dry Oils
Dry oils serve as effective anti-frizz agents for hair, adapting to all hair types.
To combat frizz, you can also utilize serums.
14 – Utilize a Bamboo Towel
The bamboo towel, being more absorbent and softer, helps minimize frizz in your hair.
When using it, be gentle to avoid breaking or forming split ends by refraining from vigorous rubbing.
15 – Prefer the Use of a Straightening Brush
To prevent frizz, a straightening brush remains a valuable ally.
It generates less heat than a straightener and is adequate to make your hair smoother.
A few strokes of the straightening brush on your locks are sufficient for satisfaction. You can also opt for a boar bristle hairbrush.
16 – Use Weather-Adapted Hair Care
In hot weather, avoid frizz by using hair care creams without humectants.
During rainy or high humidity periods, prioritize anti-frizz hair treatments and emollient options.
Before engaging in activities causing sweat, apply moisturizer to your lengths to keep your hair hydrated, as sweat salt can dry out your strands.
17 – Consume Omega-3-Rich Foods
By incorporating omega-3 fatty acids into your diet, you’ll notice enhanced firmness in your mane.
Additionally, these foods provide sufficient hydration to prevent frizz.
To boost your omega-3 intake, include fatty fish like tuna, mackerel, and sardines in your diet.
To prevent frizz, follow these tips:
- Wash your hair less frequently;
- Use anti-frizz serums and dry oils;
- Consume fatty fish;
- Avoid cosmetic products containing sulfates.
As evident, there are numerous techniques you can employ to ward off frizz.